Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Made in China

On my way home from work I decided to stop by the pottery supply store to pick up a bag of clay
and a couple of jars of glaze to play with. While waiting for someone to ring me up I noticed a new display of glazed beads. Oh wow BEADS my heart fluttered! (I have discussed my addiction to beads in previous posts :P) I was distracted by the pretty glazes and it took me awhile to figure out that they were selling bags of already bisque fired beads in various sizes and shapes. Interesting I thought picking up a bag, As I turned the bag over there it was the "Made in China" sticker! Oh boy for some reason this pissed me off! While I know these places sell tons of bisque fired ready to glaze goods like mugs, plates and tiles, this disturbed me. I love the process of making my own beads from the beginning of digging my hands into the wet clay to the excitement of opening up the kiln to see the results after the final firing, knowing that wow I did that! So no made in china short cuts for me thank-you!

No comments: