Sunday, November 7, 2010

Raku Ornaments And I Heart Artfire

My Sister is having a Christmas Craft Faire at her house this coming weekend Nov 14th and I have been working my butt off trying to get ready for it.  I rolled out some slabs and made some ornaments which I have been Raku firing.  Oh boy they look great!  *pats herself on the shoulder*   I am really happy about how they are turning out and I think people could use them year round.  I decided to hammer some copper and hang them with that because copper just goes so beautifully with raku.

I had posted some pictures to friends on my Facebook page and got a great response so I am going to make as many as I can.  The ones that don't sell this weekend I will put up in my store.




On another note I am really getting into my Artfire Shop.  I have not sold anything yet but the features are awesome and the more I keep discovering about what I can do with my shop the more I am convinced that Artfire will someday usurp Etsy.  I love Etsy but the fees are adding up and my views stink.  I am just getting swallowed up by the masses of other artists just buried by them.  I read some interesting reports about how relisting is just not working like before and frankly I just can't afford to keep relisting.

I am happy I jumped on board with the Artfire deal they had last month.  So anyhow I am going to post a blog on my Artfire page and do some shopping to show my support.

No comments: